Doctor JOLLY Gunita
Here is some information about my practice.
Dr. Gunita Jolly is a bilingual British general practitioner who has been practicing in France since 1996.
Website : www.english-doctor-paris.com
7, rue de la Pompe, 75116 PARIS
Tél : +33 (0)1-45-24-69-50
Fax : +33 (0)1-45-24-77-78
Métro : Métro Muette (ligne 9)
Training and experience
Dr. Jolly was trained in London. Her medical degree (MBBS) is from Guy's Hospital, London, and she holds a postgraduate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology (DRCOG) and a Master's degree in General Medicine (MRCGP). After graduation she worked in London teaching hospitals in Accident and Emergency, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry and General Practice. Then she worked for two years as a partner in a busy GP practice in Blackheath, London with a personal list of 2,000 patients.
When she moved to France in 1996, she first worked for two years at the Franco-British Hospital in Levallois-Perret in the departments of Surgery and Medicine. After learning the nuances of the French medical system and having known all the staff of the British Hospital (IHFB), she was invited to start a private practice for English-speaking patients in 1998 on the premises of the hospital. She was also asked to give Obstetric appointments to registered English-speaking women to give birth there. She continues to work as a Gynecology/Obstetrics assistant once a week for the British Hospital in Paris.
In November 2018, she moved her private practice to 7 rue de la Pompe, 75116 Paris.
Dr. Jolly worked for 11 years for the French office of a major International Assistance company (ISOS) She, therefore, has experience in treating hospitalizations and repatriations of sick patients during their travels. She also regularly teaches medical English classes to groups of French doctors, led by the graduate department of a medical school in Paris.
Dr. Jolly offers consultations in the following specialties:
- General Medicine: Her role is to diagnose and treat general medical problems. As ‘gatekeeper’ to specialized services, she directs the patients, if necessary, and she continues care after the consultation with the specialist.
- Screening and Health Promotion: Health promotion is a very important part of the consultation. She gives advice on lifestyle, diet, exercise, physical and psychological well-being. Medical check ups are available and can be booked directly with the doctor concerned.
- Gynecology and family planning: English GPs are trained and experienced in the management of gynecological and obstetric problems. In most cases, you would not need to consult a specialist. Dr Jolly provides advice on contraception and regular gynecological examinations, including cervical smears. She regularly treats non-surgical Gynecological problems, including symptoms of menopause.
- Pregnancy: Safe planning before pregnancy is essential for a healthy pregnancy. Counseling and examinations for antenatal care are available. Ideally, this should take place in the first few weeks of your pregnancy. Once you are pregnant, Dr Jolly provides prenatal care early in your pregnancy and helps you choose the right place for your delivery. Dr. Jolly also works at the Franco-British Hospital Institute as an assistant in the Obstetrics department and can follow your pregnancy on Thursday mornings if you decide to deliver your baby at that hospital.
- Travel Medicine and Vaccinations: Immunization schedules and malaria counseling are available. Please consult as soon as your trip has been planned to allow time for the corresponding vaccination course.
- General Paediatrics and childhood vaccinations: Children’s medicine ranging from simple ear, nose and throat symptoms to the diagnosis of unexplained symptoms. Vaccines are available within the French system or according to the calendar of your country of origin.
Dr. Denise Gunoy replaces Dr. Jolly on Monday mornings and alternating Thursday and Friday morning. She is a French General Practitioner, graduated from Paris VII University Denis Diderot. Her background in General Medicine includes pediatric consultations, gynecology and internal medicine. She is interested in travel medicine and pediatrics. She is available to vaccinate children
Medical Visa United States and Canada
Dr Jolly and Dr Gunoy are designated Physicians for both the Canadian and the US Immigration Services. They carry out the mandatory medical examinations for visa applications and immigration.
English and French patients
Dr. Jolly is a British doctor. Her mother tongue is English and after working in a French hospital since 1996, she speaks fluent French, which can help patients for whom French is not their best language. Even with a good command of French, patients have different expectations in terms of health care. Dr. Jolly can help her patients manoeuvre through the complexities of the French medical system.Dr. Denise Gunoy is a French doctor. Her mother tongue is French, but she speaks perfect English. She works Mondays all day and alternate Thursday or Friday mornings.